Last Friday, I got to celebrate the marriage of Liza and Joe, and it was a stunner! If you’re thinking of getting married in Portland, Maine make sure to check out their wedding highlights below. I’ve shot in and around Maine’s largest city for many years, but this was the most classically ‘Portland, Maine’ wedding I’ve ever photographed, and it was perfect from beginning to end! Here are just a few examples of the Portland landmarks we visited:
- Their ceremony was at the immense Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, home to the tallest steeples in Portland, and a true landmark.
- Their first look was on the Eastern Prom, with undoubtedly the best views of of Casco Bay and the islands in the background.
- We took wedding party photos on Wharf Street, this famous cobblestone and brick lined street hearkens back to an earlier time.
- We made a quick stop so that Liza and Joe could affix a lock on the the Love Locks fence near Portland Lobster Company.
- We finished up with their swanky reception at The Ocean Gateway Terminal, my first time there and hopefully not my last.
I couldn’t have imagined that it was possible to hit all those locations in one day, but we did! And it was fabulous! Plus, these two are easy-going and adorable, which makes my job look easy.
Their wedding seemed like an homage to their hometown, and Portland delivered with perfect weather, and many happy family and friends!
Congratulations Liza and Joe, I hope you had a fabulous time on your honeymoon!